What is SystmOnline
SystmOnline provides patients with access to online services at the practice, after they have contacted the practice for login details. Currently patients are able to order their repeat prescriptions and book appointments online using this service.
How to log in to SystmOnline
To use the SystmOnline service, you will need to go to your GP practice to request a user name and password. You cannot register for this service online because your identity needs to be verified. Consider calling the practice in advance to find out what identification you will need to take with you.
Once a member of staff has given you a user name and a random password, wait for at least 2 hours before trying to log in to the website. You can start logging on by following this link SystmOnline.
- Enter your user name and password and click Login
- If you have been granted access to other SystmOnline accounts, you will see a list of usernames you can choose to log in as. Click Login As This Person to choose the account you want to use.
- You will then see the SystmOnline Home Page, which shows your details and your GP practice’s contact details at the top.
Note: The services available here will depend on the services your GP practice has decided to offer. Please see the patient information leaflet here with regard to online patient access for 12-16 year olds.
You can navigate to all the online services from here, and can return to the Home Page by clicking Home in the blue menu bar, or by clicking the Back button on any page.
Changing/Resetting Your Password
You will initially be given a random password and when you log on for the first time, you will be prompted to change it to something more memorable. Passwords must be eight or more characters long and must contain at least one number and one non-alphanumeric character, e.g. '!' or '?'.
If you need to change your password at any other time:
- Click the Change Password link on the Home page.
- Type in the current password.
- Type in the new password.
- Re-type the new password.
- Click Submit. You are advised to memorise the new password. Do not write it down or disclose it to anyone else.
- Click Back.
If you forget your password, you can reset it yourself, provided your practice has an email address for you that has been verified as being correct (this means the practice has sent an email to you in the past and you have replied to it).
To reset a forgotten password yourself:
- Click the I've forgotten my password link on the Login page.
- Type in your username and email address on the Reset Password page.
- Click Reset Password. You will receive an email containing a new password.
- Use the new password to log in to SystmOnline. You will be prompted to change the password to one of your own choice as soon as you log in. The password must be eight or more characters long and must contain at least one number and one non-alphanumeric character, e.g. '!' or '?'.
If you do not have an email address that has been checked, you will need to visit your practice in person and ask for your password to be reset. When you log in with the replacement password, you will be prompted to change it to a password of your own choice.
For further information and help, please follow this link: