There are many services that are not provided by the NHS.
A fee will therefore be charged for the services listed below:
- Pre-employment medical examinations
- HGV/PSV/taxi licence medical examinations
- Examination/Fitness Certificates for sporting activities
- Holiday cancellation letters/forms
- Non-NHS letters
- Verification for private medical companies
- Passport/driving licence signing
- Reports for insurance companies/solicitors
- Travel vaccinations
- To Whom It May Concern letters
- Vaccinations for employment purposes
This is only a basic list covering the non-NHS services that we find are most in demand; there will be other similar services which will also attract a fee.
Medical Examinations take at least half an hour. Those which involve driving licence renewal should be booked well in advance of the licence expiry date and the patient should make an appointment with an Optician to have that part of the paperwork completed before attending their examination appointment at the surgery.
A list of the fees that the surgery charges is displayed at the reception desk as well as on this website.